Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What NOT To Buy Early

Chocolates. Lake Champlain Chocolate hearts, to be specific. Delicious Vermont chocolates.
Purchased at a 40% discount at the Quechee Markets*.

I had hoped to re-package them--along with Sweet Beauty's organic Mocha Sugar Scrub and some freetrade coffee beans from the local Co-Op--into a nice gift basket for Kim, my Maid of Honor. I know she's planning my Boston Bridal Shower, and I wanted to surprise her with a gift when I see her next month.

Note to self: Chocolates are tasty, especially to visiting cartoonists. Christopher and his friends demolished the bag, albeit small bag, of chocolates.

I noticed The Knot is throwing their "Chocolate Sale," but I know Hershey Kisses wouldn't be safe in this apartment.

What else should we brides avoid buying too early?

* * *
The Quechee Gorge Village is the perfect place for Vermont Brides to purchase gifts, favors, and accessories. Their country shops stock Vermont jams, fudge, cheese, coffee, teas, beer, wine, crafts, and every imaginable maple product. Their antique booths offer a variety of unique linens and jewelry, and Danforth Pewter is divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment